The Nexyz.Group Corporation (Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; Takami Kondo, president and CEO; TSE First Section: 4346) today announced it became a certified leading environmental company (industry-leading business activities) on October 21, 2020. The company was certified by the Japanese Minister of the Environment as an ECO FIRST Company under the ministry's ECO FIRST program.
Nexyz.Group launched its Nexyz.Zero business in 2012. Since then, the company has pursued this new business model responsible for contributing to CO2 emissions reductions and other global environmental benefits, while at the same time reducing costs for clients. The company also engages in activities based on its Group Environmental Policy*1 in response to increasing demands from society for ESG*2-oriented business activities.
Nexyz.Group is committed to solving environmental problems and contributing to society through its ECO FIRST Promise, submitted to the Minister of the Environment Shinjiro Koizumi. Four other companies were also certified as ECO FIRST companies as follows:
- SATO KOGYO CO., LTD.
- SHIMADZU CORPORATION
- Daito Trust Construction Co., Ltd.
- Rakuten, Inc.
(Japanese alphabetical order)
- *1Nexyz. Vision
- *2ESG: ESG stands for Environment, Social and Governance. The philosophy that the three perspectives indicated by ESG are necessary for the long-term growth of companies is becoming more widespread around the world.
ECO FIRST Promise (Summary)
- 1.Nexyz.Group Corporation pursues CO2 emissions reductions through our business activities to prevent global warming.
- 2.Nexyz.Group Corporation pursues products and activities that reduce our environmental footprint to ensure resource sustainability.
- 3.Nexyz.Group Corporation engages in environmental education and in raising environmental awareness through our business activities.
For more, see the Nexyz.Group Corporation website.
Social Contribution Activities
The ECO FIRST Program
The ECO FIRST Program was established by the Ministry of the Environment in 2008 for the purpose of encouraging efforts by businesses in various industries striving to become leading environmental companies. Under this program, companies declare their environmental conservation efforts--an ECO FIRST Promise--to the Minister of the Environment. These promises include measures against global warming, as well as initiatives related to waste and recycling. The Minister of the Environment certifies as an ECO FIRST Company those companies that demonstrate advanced and unique achievements in the field of the environment and as a leader in their respective industries.
Public Relations Kosuke Taki