The NEXYZ.Group Corporation is committed to becoming a vital part of society. We see the value of our services from the standpoint of corporate social responsibility (CSR), as every employee works not only for the benefit our customers, but also for a brighter future for society at large.
NEXYZ.Group CSR Management
CSR management in the NEXYZ.Group means discerning social issues, planning services that solve these issues, and promoting the adoption of services through courteous, consultative sales. Our services are the catalyst for solving social issues, providing an energy that moves society forward one step at a time. The NEXYZ.Group business itself is the engine of social change, leading to sustainable social improvement and serving as a prime example of true CSR activity.
NEXYZ.Group CSR Activity Policies
We aspire to be a vital part of society, contributing to a brighter future
The NEXYZ.Group Corporation believes that our business activities contribute directly to the positive development of society. Growing through sound, fair business activities, we help create a brighter future for the world.
Growing Corporate Value and Social Value Together
In the post-Paris Agreement era, building a carbon-less society is a global-scale issue. The NEXYZ.Group supports the adoption of LED lighting as a service at the intersection of our business and the issues facing the world. We promote LED lighting and a variety of other energy-saving equipment and services that contribute to society and make a change for the better.
Our ECO FIRST Promise—Global Conservation Initiatives as a Leading Environmental Company
The NEXYZ.Group received fiscal 2020 ECO FIRST certification under the ECO FIRST system introduced by the Ministry of the Environment in April 2008.
Our corporate philosophy is to engage in business activities, rather than goods, that provide excitement and smiles to the people of the world by offering more styles of new value necessary for the times. We make the following promises to contribute to society through initiatives that solve environmental issues and activities that deepen understanding.
1The Nexyz.Group reduces CO2 emissions through our business activities to prevent global warming.
- We have replaced incandescent lightbulbs with LED lights at nearly 40,000 businesses and municipal facilities, contributing to CO2 emissions reductions of more than 781,000 tons. By the year 2025, we aim to reach 100,000 installations and a CO2 emissions reduction of 1.5 million tons.
- We established an environmental financing mechanism of ¥50 billion for commercial facilities, municipal governments, and regional organizations that are slow to convert to LED lighting. In fiscal 2025, we aim to provide ¥100 billion in energy conservation equipment.
- Nexyz.Electric Power will increase its supply of electricity from natural energy sources (solar and geothermal power, etc.) and biomass power generated from organic plant waste.
2The Nexyz.Group creates products and conducts activities that reduce environmental impact to ensure the ongoing use of sustainable resources.
- We belong to associations of traditional inn operations, restaurants, and other groups throughout Japan. We interact with these organizations and participate in business meetings, using these opportunities to encourage initiatives, which include reducing waste oil via equipment that uses less oil for frying food.
- We pursue initiatives to create a recycling-oriented society, engaging in office waste reduction, recycling, etc. We aim to eliminate all emissions related to office waste.
3The Nexyz.Group engages in initiatives to improve environmental education and awareness through our business activities.
- We hold seminars at 11 office locations throughout Japan (Sapporo, Sendai, Tokyo, Shizuoka, Nagoya, Kanazawa, Osaka, Hiroshima, Takamatsu, Fukuoka, Naha), working with customers who use our energy conservation services to consider actionable measures and encourage the adoption of energy conservation services in all regions. Each sales office engages in an increasing number of classes and other activities, working with local communities, regional organizations, and elementary and junior high schools. These classes teach the importance of shifting away from a mass-production, mass-waste economy to a circular economy. Classes also serve to promote an understanding of new consumption choices, including reuse, sharing, and remanufacturing.
- We regularly report our progress in reducing CO2 emissions and measures to eliminate waste. We endorse the TCFD, and we have established a department responsible for building a system to provide disclosures in line with the provisions of the TCFD. We aim to begin information disclosure in five years.
Nexyz. Group Corporation
21 October 2020
Cultural and Educational Activities
The education and development of our future leaders is imperative for the advancement of society. The NEXYZ.Group Corporation supports personal development in all forms, including management leadership training and programs to develop confident youth through sports.
Passion Leaders plans, organizes, and operates Passion Leaders events, which bring together the next generation of Japan’s young CEOs for networking and leadership skills training. Passion Leaders supports the future success of Japanese business and encourages Japan’s business leaders to make meaningful contributions to society.
The HDP Association promotes personal growth through sports, offering support to youths who are serious about pursuing their dreams. The HDP Association Project is involved in every type of sport imaginable, working to develop leaders who are willing to contribute to society. The Dreams Project is a proud, passionate supporter of sports in Japan and around the world.